At Indian Mountain School, the ninth grade is a distinct, academically rich, developmentally appropriate, culminating “Senior” experience in our consciously designed Upper School Program.
We recognize ninth grade as a unique time in adolescent development; our youngest teens are incredibly capable intellectually and extraordinarily vulnerable socially. The ninth grade at IMS gives young teens a safe setting where they can succeed within an outstanding academic program that offers exceptional opportunities to lead.
Athletics & Arts
- Honors courses
- An iPad platform for ninth grade texts and classes
- Increased use of collaborative technologies such as Google Docs and class blogs
- Public speaking – assembly presentations of “This I Believe” speeches
- Increased Secondary School counseling including scheduled small-group meetings and SSAT preparation
- Varsity level sports; competitions with Secondary Schools
- Priority privileges in plays, musical groups, and art studios—rare in ninth grade at secondary schools