On the morning of June 9, 2023, parents, students, faculty, and alumni gathered under the tent on Stockton Field for a joyous and emotional celebration of our graduating ninth graders — our centennial class.
Ms. Soja also acknowledged our 11-Year Veterans who have been at IMS since pre-kindergarten (Tyler Roberts and Paisley Pecchia) and our four-year boarding students (Jayden Lee, Esther Lee and Leo Zhao) who have been boarding students since sixth grade.
The following prizes were presented:
- Mountain Card: Limin Kong
- Courage to Climb Award: Addax Bardel
- Spofford Award: Ulrika Ekman
- 2023 Distinguished Teaching Chair: Emily Gargill
- Head of School Awards: Fritz Weihman; Anna Lim
- McMillen Prize: Phoebe Sutton-Do
- Schutte Prize: Wesley Augustin
- The 2006 Prize: Jayden Lee
- Rouse Prize: Clarisse Moucha
- Doolittle Prize: Paisley Pecchia
- Austen Fox Riggs Prize: Ingrid Schmitt
- Triangle Prize: Jose Jiménez Rodríguez
After the ceremony, students bid a bittersweet farewell to their friends and teachers before heading off for the summer and on to their next schools.