Asking the Question, â€œWhat if Indian Mountainâ€¦?â€
- required 50% of class time to be spent outdoors?
- had a working farm?
- used our ropes course for a physics lab?
- combined subjects and collaborated across divisions?
- had a siesta after lunch?
- created collaborative meeting time and courses?
- provided daily meditation?
- had bigger classrooms that allowed for more movement and multi-purpose?
- spaces for interdisciplinary work?
- became a learning lab for teachers?
- got rid of 40 minute periods?
- set aside every Friday for the school to hike up the Mountain?
- didn’t have bells?
- was project based and portfolio based allowing creative and real-world thinking?
- did away with homework?
- started later in the morning?
- had no schedule constraints?
- allowed the kids to decide what topics they wanted to learn about?
- threw away our textbooks?
There are no comments yet. Be the first to add something!