It's MOvember at IMS!
It’s MOvember at IMS and time to make a difference! For the sixth consecutive year, some of the male faculty at IMS have joined the MO-vement and will be donating their upper lips to the cause for 30 days. The many moustaches (both the pitiful and impressive) around campus will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs. The brave members of the Indian MO-untain team have pledged to taint their Thanksgiving photos, and agreed to live with an itchy upper lip; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancers affecting men.
The following comes from Dave Pecchia, Team Leader:
“Men’s health is one of many causes we here at Indian Mountain School are passionate about, and, in order to make a difference during the month of Movember, we need your help to raise vital awareness and funds for men’s health, including prostate and testicular cancer initiatives, mental health, and overall prevention.
“We are using this as an opportunity to increase our students’ awareness of the health issues that men face today. Through education, appreciation, and awareness, maybe we can make a difference in someone’s life. We are asking you to help support our journey by making a donation. The size of the donation isn’t important, every little bit helps MOvember continue its funding of world-class programs.”
More information can be found by watching this video.
To highlight the importance of what we are doing, please take a look at these statistics:
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- This year 242,000 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed
- This year 8,290 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer
- Donating online at: http://us.movember.com/donate/ and enter Indian Mountain to find the team.
- Writing a check payable to “Movember”, referencing our Registration ID: 469871, and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726
For more details, take a look at the Programs We Fund section on the Movember website: http://us.movember.com/about/funding-overview/
There are no comments yet. Be the first to add something!